Cheesecake Victory

I'm taking a victory lap in the cheesecake sweepstakes. Over the last year experimenting with cheesecake has become something of an obsession with me.

I'm not wild about cream cheese cakes. They tend to be so brick-like. I used to try to make them from ricotta which generally gives satisfying results taste-wise but comes up with a grainy texture that is less-than pleasant. As my readers (all three of you) know, I like the yogurt-cheese labneh for these cakes.
I've recorded a couple here, one of which was pretty darn good, but had a crust problem and the other which needed sugar desperately.
Here's the victory lap....
400g of crushedWHOLE WHEAT digestive biscuits (they dont get mushy with the butter)
100g of melted butter
50g of caster sugar
Blend it up and use it to line the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 15 min at 150C. or until just beginning to brown. Let cool.

In a blender mix:
500g Labneh- I like Puck brand
4 large eggs
100g caster sugar
juice of one lemon and some well chopped peel.
Bake in a water bath about 1 hour or until just set.

For the topping:
Cook and cool 2tbsp same-flavored jelly (or strain after if using jam) and 100ml of apple juice.
mix 1pt strawberries or other berry(best you can find) into the cooled syrup. Top cake with berries and pour syrup over.
Best to let the cake cool at room temp then at least 3 hours in the fridge before serving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertising for your weird cookbook please...or sex enhancement drugs...just no advertising at all...